Quick help with flourite cloud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mitch_Wilson

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a planted tank set up at my parents house for over a year and I recently moved 2 hours away for school. This evening I put the two fish in my 55 gallon tank in 2 buckets, around 4-430 PM (about 6 hours ago :( ) but when I arrived at my new apartment around 8 and got the tank set up, despite my best efforts otherwise, the fluorite dust once again shot up clouding the water.

Currently the fish are both OK and seeming to do alright and they both have an air pump and air stone in the buckets with them, but I cannot imagine that leaving them in there for much longer is a good idea.

So my question is this: Should I wait until the fluorite has cleared completely before putting the fish in there, which seems like it could be a while OR should I put the fish in sooner than that? and if so when?

The sooner I can get help the better, Thank you all

Last edited:
Can you do a couple small wc to clear the cloud? I'm sure the fish will be fine as long as the water parameters are in check

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom