Quick question must read !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Local pet stores, other hobbyists, online vendors.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Petland for me, but only one of the 5 in the city. Believe it or not the fish manager is very knowledgeable, so are most of his staff and his fish are a better deal and ether quality than the mom and pop stores in my area.

Mostly my LFS, but I have bought from azgardens.com, aquariumfish.net, and aquabid.com with good results. I had very poor results from ThatPetPlace.com (didn't allow gender ratio choice on their adult gourami and they came with ick to boot).

But when you guys order online how much time do they take to arrive , are they good ??

Elmer morales

But when you guys order online how much time do they take to arrive , are they good ??

Elmer morales

Depends on the online supplier. Usually they arrive within 1-3 days of shipping, and the shipper will usually "fast" them a few days before shipping so they get all the poop out of their system so they don't foul up the shipping water too badly. If you have them shipped while you're having very hot or very cold temps, they can include a heat or cold pack and in an insulated container to help regulate temperature.

As long as you have a good supplier (any of the above mentioned recommendations), you shouldn't have any problems. Shipping usually runs $30 or more though.

But they dont die??? Because you said 3 days man is long to be in a bag

Elmer morales

Fish are shipped the same way to the stores. No, they don't die. I've bought fish this way with no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I personally find the shipping for fish online ridiculous. I mean 40$ for 15$ worth if shrimp is a little much I my opinion. That however is in Canada where the only option is usually overnight.

But they dont die??? Because you said 3 days man is long to be in a bag

They have special bags used for shipping that allow oxygen exchange between the water and the air outside the bag. Look up Kordon Breather bags. It's common practice. As long as the fish has been fasted prior to shipping, 3 days isn't going to have too bad of water quality since there is no food or poop being added to the water. Fish can go a week without food easily, as they are used to infrequent and erratic feedings in the wild.

A lot of online retailers overnight the fish. Liveaquaria is a great retailer that I've never had trouble with and they offer a 14 day live arrival guarantee. I just ordered a fish from them last week as a matter of fact, arrived perfectly healthy and was eating within 2 days and that's a sw fish which tend to be more finicky.

Back
Top Bottom