Quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well do you really think he needs to be with more fish? He likes having his own houses, and I am pretty sure he would not want to share....lol. And I would not be able to do the low, mid or high fish because he is EVERYWHERE. He is THE most curious fish I have ever seen.

He does not NEED tank mates but it makes the tank more interesting with more fish. He should do those things with more fish no problem. Just don't get aggressive fish. And if you are worried about them taking his caves get fish that don't use them, like angelfish. You could also do things like hatchet fish which will stay at the surface.

Hmm, I will have to think about it. Thanks!

Figured i would just throw it out there, that if the reason he dosen't have tank mates is because your scared they will bully him or anything you don't have to be.

BGN is a semi aggressive fish, it can and is known to eat tankmates that are slower and smaller, think fast community fish or semi aggressive tank mates.

I gotta so a "Siesta" to get your MTS today DKP. They went back to bed before I got up this morning. want bigger or smaller ones?

It doesn't matter which size. Small ones will get bigger.
I am not afraid to put fish in because of him, I just don't want to deal with the bio-load on a 70G tank. LOL
And I don't want him getting messed up when I am not looking, since he is still so small.

BGN is a semi aggressive fish, it can and is known to eat tankmates that are slower and smaller, think fast community fish or semi aggressive tank mates.

O so wrong. Do NOT put any tank mates with him with any sort of aggression, all the ghost knife will do is run and get hurt. They fight with no one and are peacful. They will eat fish that are small enough to fit in there mouth though, but that is not aggressive, that is predetory. Just keep him with fish that are peacful and large enough not to fit in his mouth. Any aggression and you will just end up with a hurt BGK fish.

Also, all of my angels rarely use a cave, even when new to the tank, they prefer to hide in the plants and under logs, not in caves.

Back
Top Bottom