Rabbit Snails breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbarino

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Interesting that there aren't many comments about Rabbit snails! I do know that they have only been sold as pets in the U.S. for maybe 20 years, so it's not surprising that some of the info is new. I bought 2 adult Rabbit snails last December, just over a year ago now. At this point I count 12 in my tank! So, while it's not an infestation, they are breeding a little faster than all the articles I read prior to getting them said that they would. I fed them some blanched spinach one week and had 3 new babies a few days later! I still love the little guys, but just don't be surprised if your Rabbit snails breed!

That sounds pretty exciting - what are the conditions and maintenance, etc. ?????
In my tank, they are not very happy, too low pH. I have Orange and a Volcano Rabbit snail. One Orange passed with a month (was 2 now one Orange). They are such beautiful snails �� such interesting colors and their bodies can be so varied in colors. On IG I watch a persons tanks, so many kinds of pretty Rabbit snails.

Which kind are breeding for you?

I have the yellow Rabbit snails with little black stripes. All the babies have perfect black shells except one that has a striped shell. They are in a 29 tall with 5 Tiger Barbs and two tetras and one Gold Gourami, as well as 4 Amano shrimp. 78 degree water with hard water. I'm sure the hard water is the reason for the nice shells! The nitrates are a little high sometimes, but I change water 30 percent each week.

Back
Top Bottom