Rachelle's 180 gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you have a sump/fuge correct? try placing the coral in there with a smaller T5 fixture that has actinic bulbs. see if you can house it there away from any critter and see if the lower light helps it out a bit

You prob don't need t5's in your fuge to help it out... as far as I know they're fairly low light corals and it may still help to move it like gti said

they are probably low like but i don't think a standard 23 watt screw in compact is enough light for it, but i have read that 6500k is better for growing corals in so its totally possible that it would do better

Also in the fuge she prob doesnt need a lot of penetration power. I did think she was referring to a pc light not a standard bulb though

not sure if I am allowed to link to this so if I am not will a mod please remove it.

a local reefer from my local forums just had this made the thread of the month on RC, It is about how he rescues corals and brings them back to life. Lots of good info and suggestions to help you out

Rescue Corals - Reef Central Online Community

It is amazing some of the corals he has nursed back to health.

Kurt - I have the 6500 kind so may have worked but when I got up this am it has went from like half the brain covered to like a dime size of tissue left. Whatever happened to this thing it happened super fast. Not sure anything would have saved it. I think most of my other coral looks great. Well except my old Duncan which has looked horrible for the last 3 months.

Some of the coral I added Thursday night look good with one exception. There is like this white cottony stuff growing on some of it. It's on the rocks a little too. What is this, how do I get rid of it, and is it going to hurt my tank?

Yetee- thx for that earlier link. I'll check it out.

a flashlight with a red lense over it and you'll be able to view all the critters without scaring them back into hidding

Is it feasible though that nothing was bothering it for about 3 months and the all of a sudden something "hidden" starts eating it? The brain started receding before I added the stuff Thursday night.

Mine was fine for several weeks before it decayed. It just happened out of nowhere and it went downhill pretty fast.

I thought you had mentioned hermit crabs on it. They will pick at the dead tissue but while they do that they can rip live tissue apart and kill it as well.

yetee said:
I thought you had mentioned hermit crabs on it. They will pick at the dead tissue but while they do that they can rip live tissue apart and kill it as well.

Also a valid point

Nothing was on mine. No hermits, no fish, nothing. I think someone else mentioned the hermits from a problem they had.

You may nothave seenthe crabs on there but just the fact that they were there when it was dying means they could have been speeding the process up.

Back
Top Bottom