RadioShack moon light pieces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ostrichkiller

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey all i was reading the most about installing moon lights and thought i might be able to help a little. i know someone (sorry don't remember who) went to their local RadioShack and the store was out of the parts he needed. i have an answer for you. next time you go to the store and they don't have your parts ask the sales associate to dirff them. dirff is an inter company term. what happeneds is you pay for them instore and they ship as many as you wanted right to your house from the wharehouse directly. the store also pay for the shipping cost for the inconvience. i know this isn't always what you want becuase if you are like me you want the products now so you can get the project done, but it might hep out a little bit. the turn around time we have been haveing so far has been about 3 days. not to shabby, beats waiting a week and going to another store later. another thing is what parts to sue for the night lights. i found a couple that have been mentioned in various articles and i have the RS stock numbers and current prices (in my store anyway)

276.307 - bright red LED - $1.99
276.080 - panel mount holders - $1.29
276.316 - Bright Blue LED - $3.99

if anyone needs any kind of prices or anything from radioshack im a manager and am willing to help anyone out there. only place i am able to check the forum is when i am at work so just drop me a pm or e-mail me ostrichkiller@hotmail.com. it is the least i can do for all the help you all have given me.

Hi ostrichkiller,
that was probably me 8)

I was using the Bright Blue LED's p/n 276-311 they were rated at 5v forward 20ma and (1 000mcd).
I think the one you have (276.316) is 5v forward 20ma and (500mcd), and it seems to be the one showing up at the stores now, I guess the one I was using has been replaced.

Anyway, I found that 3 groups of 2 of the (1 000mcd) blue diodes worked fairly well in a 120gal tank. I have 2 groups of 2 (1 000 mcd) blue diodes in a 33 gal and it seems to be about right.

I have switched the 120 gal tank to a blue 12 inch Cold Cathode tube with the inverter powered at 7.5 volts. This light provides a much more even lighting in the entire large tank

actually the ones i was useing are 3.7v 20mA and 2600mcd. little bit brighter and less i have to put togeather to get the same effect

Back
Top Bottom