Rainbow fish questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fintique

Aquarium Advice Regular
About how long till rainbow fish are full grown?

Do they like frozen red blood worms and daphnia? (sorry if misspelled)

Are those foods ok for them as treats?

I feed flake in the morning and blood worms/daphnia/brine shrimp in the evening. They eat all of it voraciously. It's really fun to watch them eat! What specific kinds do you have? The threadfins aren't as crazy as the bigger ones when it's feeding time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feed flake in the morning and blood worms/daphnia/brine shrimp in the evening. They eat all of it voraciously. It's really fun to watch them eat! What specific kinds do you have? The threadfins aren't as crazy as the bigger ones when it's feeding time.

Its made by sally's. its frozen blood worms and daphnia. I tried it and they loved it. my corys did as well.

What kind of Rainbows do you have? I feed mine (Bosemani and Praecox) primarily flake. Once a week I'll do bloodworms or brine shrimp. I have one of my female Praecox that appears bloated, I think I might lose her soon.

I don't recommend sally's or San Francisco Bay brand blood worms. I got parasites in my tank from them. I only use omega one and hikari.

try feeding the bloated one cooked skinned mashed peas. It acts like a laxative and helps if they pig out on bloodworms or brine shrimp.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I feed mainly a pelleted food. They go crazy for it. 1-2 times a week I feed either Hikari frozen blood worms or brine shrimp. They are crazy eaters!!!!

Not sure about full size. I have had my turquoise and Bosemani for about 2 years. They are not fully grown yet. At least not in comparisons to the large ones I see at my LFS. The Bosemani is about 2 inches and so is the Turquiose.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My boesemani ate EVERYTHING. Trying to target feed my tank was a pain. They were around five inches at four years old but I didn't raise them so I don't know if that's normal.
Seriously. Algae wafers, shrimp pellets, tubifex, blood worms, brine shrimp, flakes, all sort of granules, they nailed it all. My poor silver dollars were afraid to try to eat.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419001636.060218.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419001661.655049.jpg

I have one female Australian left that is 4.5", she is around 3 years old. I had 12 but they were wiped out by an ich outbreak about 7 months ago. She's still kicking.

Back
Top Bottom