Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohsnapitscharity said:
Would a pair of rams work in a 10gallon tank? I have an empty 10gallon and need ideas!

You could do that but I would not test it. Another idea is fish like guppys and platys be careful with mollies as they grow to 4".

No, you would most certainly have fighting. I honestly wouldn't even try 1 as they need excellent water quality and 10 gallons does not leave a lot of wiggle room.

What about Scarlet Badis? They can be hard to come across but are a very interesting looking fish and maybe be something a little "out of the box" for you. Sadly 10 gallons really does not give too many options for readily available fish.

There are some people who put breeding pairs in 10g tanks but I feel it is too small. Besides the scarlet badis there are Sparkling and licorice gourami's and there are some very colorful small killifish. I just got 3 pairs of Rachovii killi's. There are also other micro fish like Ember tetras that you could stock in a 10g.

Well I do have a 55community up and running as well as a 20gallon crayfish tank so just looking for ideas for the 10 more so then anything else.

Ohsnapitscharity said:
Well I do have a 55community up and running as well as a 20gallon crayfish tank so just looking for ideas for the 10 more so then anything else.

A pair of apistogramma?

If the 2 rams you plan on putting in the 10gal are already paired up you'll be fine, if not and you happen to have both male and female you may get lucky but i wouldn't chance it. 10gal doesn't offer enough space for the one ram to avoid the other dominant one if there is any aggression issues.

Back
Top Bottom