Random fry???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just approached my tank and noticed a very small fry... Like it was born very recently. Problem is I have no idea where it came from? All I have in the tank is 3 female bettas, a dwarf frog, and guppy fry that are already 3 weeks old. This fry is extremely small and looks like a newborn... Where the heck did it come from!?

Okay I had 9 guppy fry now I'm only counting 8. Is it possible one of them shrunk massively!?

Is one a runt and it didn't grow as fast as the other guppy fry? My only other idea is that possible instead of 3 female bettas you have 1 that is really a short finned male?

Pretty sure they are all female. I never noticed a runt. I mean this fry is extremely small. I have a tank divider with little holes separating the fry from the bettas. I noticed it because the fry was on the same side as the bettas!

Is one a runt and it didn't grow as fast as the other guppy fry? My only other idea is that possible instead of 3 female bettas you have 1 that is really a short finned male?

These are my females.

Attachments

• image-2532199494.jpg
    image-2532199494.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 73
  • image-4044670437.jpg
    image-4044670437.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3840961226.jpg
    image-3840961226.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 76
One easy way to rule out the Bettas is wether or not you noticed a bubble nest in the tank. Males will build a nest to hold the eggs. If you never noticed this than more than likely they are Guppy fry.

Back
Top Bottom