rare, favorite fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuakingAspen

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is the rarest fish any of you have ever had, something that no one has ever heard of or just something that isn't in every fish tank. It doesn't have to be some super expensive once in a lifetime lightning maroon clown fish but just something that not everyone has. Also, I would like to know what everyone's favorite fish is, great fish that they would recommend to anyone. Pictures are appreciated.

Aphysemion Australe.. I've never actually seen another person on this forum that has one.

Enneacanthus chaetodon, black banded sunfish. I have a group of 8, they are really neat. They were once spread throughout the southeast US but have since dwindled down to the Carolinas and are on or will be on local endangered lists.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Aphyosemion lobaye. Forgot to upload the pic the first time. I have a pair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418187685307.jpg
    1418187685307.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 153
These are all great, I love seeing the amazing fish that people have come across. Personally, I will be constantly dreaming about an electric blue jack dempsey cichlid.

I like my L134 pleco. Not sure how rare but I don't see them around that often so...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1418222904767.jpg
    1418222904767.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 133
I love the plec, not sure how rare but I haven't seen them in the stores. I have only kept clown and rubber lip plecos but they are pretty common. Beautiful, love it.

Don't think my Para Pleco (L075) is rare but haven't seen many of them around. Same goes for my S.A. Leafy

Attachments

• 1418227778892.jpg
    1418227778892.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 1418227801674.jpg
    1418227801674.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 436
Sorry, Orange Lyretail Killifish here (Aphyosemion Australe)

75748-albums12252-picture59788.jpg

Also, Orinoco Angel Pleco. The first fish I bought when I reentered the hobby and it's still going strong.

mMWdPdf.jpg

I love all of these pictures. Great killifish and leafy S.A. I am soooo jealous, well now I am going to have to get all of them.

Probably my albino sword tail or the microphis decota I had for a ehile. While Kuhli Loaches arent rare, I was amazed to find that they spawned in my 55.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My mudskipper. Not super rare but they are fun to watch eat.

Gold Rams (they were only wild caught when I started in the hobby 40+ years ago and were considered rare and a definite prize fish, same with some discus)
Electric Eel
Nurse Shark

I think that mudskippers are less common where I live, they are a one-of-a-kind fish.:flowers:

Wild caught Cryptoheros septemfasciatus collected from Rio Guacimito, Costa Rica, a fish on the CARES list.

27198-albums11033-picture63085.jpg

Wild caught Herichthys sp. turquiose collected from Rio Cazones river, Mexico.

27198-albums10983-picture63117.jpg

Very beautiful, everyone, I am so happy that this thread has attracted so many pictures and breeds that, some of them I have honestly not heard of, just terrific:flowers::thanks:

No rare fish. Just rare plant [emoji12]
Crypt nurii Pahang mutated
Extinct in the Wild (**** Palm Oil plantations)

You can get them around here and there now, partly because my club kept the species alive.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418246690.372948.jpg

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom