Rare Fry!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's it I'm moving to vensiwela to have the fish I want done deal.(now just got to convince the wife)

Congrats. Those fish are beautiful. Hopefully in a few years the price will go down enough I can afford some! (My husband would kill me if I spent $60 on two small fish, lol)

Congrats. Those fish are beautiful. Hopefully in a few years the price will go down enough I can afford some! (My husband would kill me if I spent $60 on two small fish, lol)

Thank you, if I can get a big enough breeding group I'll be able to keep the price more economical but as it stands its still $60+ .

Bummer you like across the country from me:( I'm not sure I would ship fish for that long and the shipping to get them here fast will be pricy. Oh well I'll have enough money buy the time your ready to sell...hopefully:p lol

Bummer you like across the country from me:( I'm not sure I would ship fish for that long and the shipping to get them here fast will be pricy. Oh well I'll have enough money buy the time your ready to sell...hopefully:p lol

$15 dollar shipping and they'd arrive in 2 days. I ship/receive fish and shrimp all the time via USPS.

This is all very exciting, but going back to what you said about mostly male drops, in my experiences I've found that with endlers and guppies in general higher temps = more males
Lower temps = more females, I don't know when in the pregnancy temperature plays a roll but it does in many species.

This is all very exciting, but going back to what you said about mostly male drops, in my experiences I've found that with endlers and guppies in general higher temps = more males
Lower temps = more females, I don't know when in the pregnancy temperature plays a roll but it does in many species.

I keep all my fish at 75 and I tend to get a good mix with the Endlers and guppys, so we'll see with the orange lines. My swords tend to be male heavy but that's just an issue with Rio Otapa strain.

I was under the impression temperature effects them in development once they are free swimming. I've had swords that were females for 4-6 months at adult size then became male.

I keep all my fish at 75 and I tend to get a good mix with the Endlers and guppys, so we'll see with the orange lines. My swords tend to be male heavy but that's just an issue with Rio Otapa strain.

I was under the impression temperature effects them in development once they are free swimming. I've had swords that were females for 4-6 months at adult size then became male.
That's interesting I've never thought of that.. If true it would be possible to separate groups and influence their sexes... Sidenote how did you acquire all these rare livebearer strains?

That's interesting I've never thought of that.. If true it would be possible to separate groups and influence their sexes... Sidenote how did you acquire all these rare livebearer strains?

It's something I've planned to experiment with when I have more room. I've also read/heard that keeping the sexes separate can sometimes lead to the fish being sterile.

Many hours searching around online.

That's a really interesting idea.. I guess all my endlers do is eat and try to mate..
Livebearers are really the best. If I had more time/money I'd love to Pursue rare lines they're so many possibilities with them..

Any progress so far? Any pics of the fry?

They are all growing well, the first batch should be sexable soon. I keep my tanks at 72-75 and don't power feed the fry. They grow slower but I feel its a more natural pace and they seem healthier because of it.

I'll try and take some pictures, I've been pretty busy with fishing though.

Great! I like to raise my fry more naturally as we'll they seem to end up being more hardy fish! It would be great if you could get some pictures what do you fish for?

I've had a couple more fry drops over the past couple of weeks and my first few batches of fry are just now starting to become sexable! *happy dance*

Sorry for the delay in updates it is Salmon season after all! ;-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom