Rather strange suggestion- an AA fish show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not at all a cichlid expert, but wouldn't it be easier to condense SA and African cichlids into just one category?

I'm not at all a cichlid expert, but wouldn't it be easier to condense SA and African cichlids into just one category?

That's what I was thinking.

Salty:

-inverts
-damsels (including clowns)
-predators (lionfish, puffers, etc)
-eels
-tangs
-wrasse
-Angels
-larger fish(groupers, large Angels, etc)

Caleb

That's what I was thinking.

Salty:

-inverts
-damsels (including clowns)
-predators (lionfish, puffers, etc)
-eels
-tangs
-wrasse
-Angels
-larger fish(groupers, large Angels, etc)

Caleb

Love this idea. Make it happen called, your that man.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Think that that would be too broad. Their are tons and tons of different cichlids and I think that having the two categories would just be better.

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Too much difference in the two- especially since your discus and angels would be lumped in there too.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I'm glad we are planning things like this. If we didn't it would probably not be as successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Honestly angelfish and discus should practically have their own category. And there's no loach category!

Honestly angelfish and discus should practically have their own category. And there's no loach category!

I suggested loaches/eels in my suggestion for catagpries I believe

EDIT: I said scaleless and lumped them with bichir and pleco's and stuff

Caleb

If you guys really want to attempt this, then it shouldn't be so complicated. If it takes so long to find your category and such, people won't enter.
I believe it will be easiest if you just have 3 to 5 categories max.
I don't know much about freshwater anymore, but for saltwater you could do.
1. Bottoms dwellers and perchers (includes gobies, blennies, jawfish and eels.
2. Tangs and Angelfish
3. Predators (includes pufferfish.)
4. Variety Fish (clowns, damsels, cardinals, anything not elsewhere listed.
5. Wrasse.
Just my opinion though.

I think a bottom feeder/catfish as a category?

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

If you guys really want to attempt this, then it shouldn't be so complicated. If it takes so long to find your category and such, people won't enter.
I believe it will be easiest if you just have 3 to 5 categories max.
I don't know much about freshwater anymore, but for saltwater you could do.
1. Bottoms dwellers and perchers (includes gobies, blennies, jawfish and eels.
2. Tangs and Angelfish
3. Predators (includes pufferfish.)
4. Variety Fish (clowns, damsels, cardinals, anything not elsewhere listed.
5. Wrasse.
Just my opinion though.

I like this list for saltwater. It's just hard categorizing in great lumps because then what do we judge on? You've got to separate it to some degree and jut by continents isn't going to fly. I agree with sinbotia in that we probably could use a discus/angels category. Thing being, freshwater is bigger here to be honest, so we need a little more wiggle room with categories so we don't end up judging a guppy against a Cory. On the same note, should we even include schoolers? How does one judge a schooler? We definitely need our showpiece fish- livebearers, SA and African cichlids, discus/angels, and maybe catfish/plecos, but I'm not sure where to put or even if we should include schoolers. We need an oddball section (BGK, anyone?) for sure though.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I think this needs to be a little more organized. Someone put together a list that has everyone's suggestions included into the list so everyone's happy and then we can vote yay or nay on the final list.

Ugh... I'll see if I can find the category template from some of the shows I've done. It'll at least be a good guideline with which to start.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok let's just do freshwater for now then. If it goes well we can add the salties.

Back
Top Bottom