Rbta questions help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

10galclowns

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a rainbow bubble tip and he's starting to get bleached. what does being bleached mean? Is it from To much light? How can I fix it?. And another thing is he moves close to my filter intake should I be worried?

image-1068176597.jpg

Bleaching means it's loosing it's zooxanthellae, which is what gives them their colors. It's usually caused by inadequate lighting. Anemones will move around until they find a spot that gives them the lighting and/or flow they like.

ccCapt said:
Bleaching means it's loosing it's zooxanthellae, which is what gives them their colors. It's usually caused by inadequate lighting. Anemones will move around until they find a spot that gives them the lighting and/or flow they like.

Okay, I understand the bleaching and losing the zoo. How does the BTA get it back? Does it come back with time or Do you feed it something in particular to get it back? Or is it not able to get it back? Don't have a nem yet, but wanna get one at some point.

Zooxanthellae is a photosynthetic algae that lives inside their tissue. Being photosynthetic, their best form of food is better lighting. Better lighting will make it reproduce more and bring back the color. Feeding the anemone meaty foods doesn't feed the zooxanthellae.

ccCapt said:
Zooxanthellae is a photosynthetic algae that lives inside their tissue. Being photosynthetic, their best form of food is better lighting. Better lighting will make it reproduce more and bring back the color. Feeding the anemone meaty foods doesn't feed the zooxanthellae.

Ok. I just wasn't sure that the lighting would help it reproduce and come back. Thanks for the help!! :)

Back
Top Bottom