Ready to have Fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corinaanne

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can someone please tell me if my guppies are ready to give birth? :dance:
How far do you think they are?

Attachments

• Preg guppy 1.jpg
    Preg guppy 1.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Preg guppy 2.jpg
    Preg guppy 2.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 57
How long before the picture did you feed them? I have a pregnant guppy as well but they eat so much it's tough to tell unless it's just before a feeding... I would guess the second picture is further along since the dark gravid spot is bigger and further back.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

When mine is that fat i Put her in her special box and she gives birth the day after. I think urs is about ready. She might need to be calm and not be chased around by the Male guppy. ( my experience )

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your Guppies

Hello Cor...

Ready or not, Guppy females can hold off on delivering the fry for some time until they feel conditions are right for fry survival. You can maintain the right conditions by keeping the tank water very clean. Work up to the point you change out half the tank water every few days and make the new, treated tap water a bit warmer than what's already there. Add some floating plants like Anacharis and Hornwort. These plants help keep the tank water cleaner between water changes and help the fish feel secure.

Clean water is the most important thing for a healthy fish. Do this, and you'll have fry in the tank.

B

Back
Top Bottom