Ready to stock my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosco72

Aquarium Advice Activist
How many cardinal tetras in a 30 gallon tank? thank you in advance for any advice.

With Cardinals you could literally have 1 for every gallon ... maybe 2 for every gallon if you have a bigger tank with good filtration.

I've seen videos of 55gal with several dozen Cardinals ... in a 30 figure 20-30 isn't out of the question.

I've been pricing up cardinals and they are not cheap, might go with neons. Which is the best way to introduce them? All at once or in smaller amounts? My tank was going to be a fishless cycle but I was given two fantails which increased my workload but help the cycle along. They have been re-homed now. Just wondering do I have a time limit before my levels start to change with having no fish in there? Also I'm going to start increasing the temp of the tank will this have any negative impact?

Cheers.

Bosco72 said:
I've been pricing up cardinals and they are not cheap, might go with neons. Which is the best way to introduce them? All at once or in smaller amounts? My tank was going to be a fishless cycle but I was given two fantails which increased my workload but help the cycle along. They have been re-homed now. Just wondering do I have a time limit before my levels start to change with having no fish in there? Also I'm going to start increasing the temp of the tank will this have any negative impact?

Cheers.

Introduce them in smaller groups, if you want 20 or so, go in groups of 10, see how they do then another group in a week or two. You can do a combo of Cardinals and Neons, they'll school together. What temp are you at and going to?

Figure your bacteria has food for another day or so.

I'm going from cold setup as I had two fantails in there to tropical 23-27c, should I start dosing again to keep balance?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom