Red Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rondory

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,

I have a 46gallon and looking to add some Red Danios for color and top swimmers, only if I have the room.

I currently have
7 Cory Cats
7 Lemon Tetras
5 Glowlight Tetras
1 Oto cat (I don't want to add anymore of these because they just die)
and some Olive Nerites snails

How many Red Danios can I add? Do I have room to add 2 more Glowlights?

How close am I to already being overstocked? My water parameters have always been perfect with this setup.

My filter is the Rena2 and I do water changes every other week.

Will the Red Danios get along well with my other fish? I'm unable to find much info on this fish.

Thank you

nope - not dyed.
and that's a very good example of stocking! the danios would be fine in the tank. i'd add 5+ as WP mentioned before.
since all the fish you have are low-waste producers, i'd say adding another school of small fishies would be fine after the danios. but, then again, understocking would definitely keep any potential problems at bay!

understocking would definitely keep any potential problems at bay

I'm not going to have any problems. ;)

Thank you both for the advise. I will wait for Tuesday where I can buy one get one free since they are 6.99 each.

WaterPond said:
holy moley! thats alot for a danio!

That would be a "Genetically altered" Danio. :lol: :lol: Gotta pay those scientists for their hard work!

Have you seen them at the LFS yet? I think they are a much needed addition in my otherwise bland tank.

Here is a good website which explains why they were created. It wasn't just to add something knew to the pet fish industry.

http://www.glofish.com/about.asp

I just for the first time saw them at the LFS. The owner told me they are bred with squid ink to get teh colors, he had 3 different colore, pink, red and orange I think. He said that they breed true, no new squid ink needed. Not dyed. Bred to be these colors. Sorry, I didn't catch the price of them.

I also would like these but will they go ok in a tank with clown loaches or will they get eaten?

Back
Top Bottom