Red-Eye Tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantedtankman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know anything about these tetras? I saw them at my lfs and I thought they looked cool. Although, I didn't buy anything.

Assuming the fish you saw was moenkhausia sanctaefilomene, the ones I had were aggressive feeders but great community fish

Have 10 in my 55 gallon with angels and mollies and an Oscar (young and temporary obviously)

They do great kept in groups! IMO (and experience) they have been hardy fish that have done great with many types of fish! They don't fin nip (at least not for me) and I house 5 angels and have housed betas and guppies.

They are very active. I love watching mine eat. They have finally learned that if they won't get much food if they don't running to the top for some flakes (angels and Oscar hoards LOL)

But they swim in a frenzy when they eat. Lol.

They have NEVER attacked anything in my tank before while schooling! One once went after an angel fin, but that was back when I was inexperienced and didn't know they schooled. (I had 2)

Have 10 in my 55 gallon with angels and mollies and an Oscar (young and temporary obviously)

They do great kept in groups! IMO (and experience) they have been hardy fish that have done great with many types of fish! They don't fin nip (at least not for me) and I house 5 angels and have housed betas and guppies.

They are very active. I love watching mine eat. They have finally learned that if they won't get much food if they don't running to the top for some flakes (angels and Oscar hoards LOL)

But they swim in a frenzy when they eat. Lol.

They have NEVER attacked anything in my tank before while schooling! One once went after an angel fin, but that was back when I was inexperienced and didn't know they schooled. (I had 2)

They seem cool! I have a 30 gallon and I'm trying to decide on some more fish to add on to my stock. I'm either going to get these or Marbled Hatchets. Are they top dwellers?

Back
Top Bottom