Red fin shark???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanz8anz

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 180-200litre tank with 4 angel fish 6 barbs 2 kirbensis cichlids and a bristlenose. And im wanting to add a red fin shark. A friend if mine has one in there tank with a range of fish and all is well but im unsure about the kirbs.

Can i put a red fin shark in my tank that has kirbs in it?

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wouldnt put a redtail with angels, but I also wouldnt put kribs with angels. Redtails can be very pushy, and like to be alone in the bottom area of the tank. But it could work if you want to give it a try.

My friend that put one in.there tank tends to leave the angels alone it will pick on the larger one and it leaves there 2 bristlenoses alone so i figured they would b fine but i was more worried about how they would get along with the kirbs as they r pretty pushy on thw bottom of the tank...

We r wanting to add another fish that hangs mid to bottom of the tank. If not a red fin what else could i add...

My kirbs dont bother my angels sometimes theres chasing but very really the kirbs chase the bristlenose off more than any other fish

I would say you are pretty stocked. Maybe a opaline gourami...but they can be nippy towards angles.

I'd say it'll make you materially overstocked but I'd say it should work.

The shark shouldn't get too stressed due to the low amount of bottom dwellers. If your angels move up and down a lot though the shark could snap.

Also make sure you have plenty of hiding spots as an open tank won't suit a RTS.

I have a red tail in with 4 angels for nearly a year and have had no issues, the red tail stays well away from them in the bottom 1/3 of the tank

We have plenty of hiding spots the kirbs tend to use them. The angels do spend most of there time up in the top half the barbs can b all over the place but tend to stay at the top.

I am just trying to find an approiate bottom dweller

I havent really thought about those. I havent come acrosd yoyo louches. Are they like kuchli louches?

I just googles images of yoyo louches.. they do look pretty cool.. would kuchli louches work in our tank? I quite like the worm looking fish

I wouldnt do khuli with kribs. The reason i suggested yoyos is becuase they are tought little suckers. The khulis might be in trouble.

Oh right fair enough.. they are the same shape as clown louches.. would clown louches be ok they r pretty colourful? If not the yoyos are decent lookinh

Back
Top Bottom