red fish breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok ty I needed to know so I know what food to get

I have two one 10 and one 30 it's in the 10 for now till I know more my 30 I have a angelfish and a teacup stingray

I don't mean to burst your bubble but that tea cup ray need s a new tank ASAP. Teacup ray is the name used to sell young freshwater rays. You need a tank at least 200 gallons or larger.

I'm giving him to a aquarium tomorrow they are rebuilding their stock after reopening

Tetras are known to be fin nippers and are usually listed as "not compatible" with angelfish
Buttttt I have multiple tetras with my 6 angelfish and they all get along just fine with no complications! Experimenting is key I guess :)
I'd suggest more platys to keep it company (if you don't want fry, get all the same gender. Do you know how to tell the gender of yours currently?) but even if you don't want the fry, if you get them let them stay in your tank and they'll make nutritious snacks for your angel!

You could also get a long finned danio or even regular ones.

Tetras are known to be fin nippers and are usually listed as "not compatible" with angelfish
Buttttt I have multiple tetras with my 6 angelfish and they all get along just fine with no complications! Experimenting is key I guess :)
I'd suggest more platys to keep it company (if you don't want fry, get all the same gender. Do you know how to tell the gender of yours currently?) but even if you don't want the fry, if you get them let them stay in your tank and they'll make nutritious snacks for your angel!

You could also get a long finned danio or even regular ones.

Most tetras are fine with angels and very peaceful. There are some that are specifically known for being fin nippers (serpae, black skirt, etc) but most of the common ones will typically be some of the most peaceful fish around.

They avoid each other and are doing good I now wanna get couple kissing gourami but do those get along with them I never had tropical fish so I'm learning and reading up on them I guess it's a learning process

What fishes can go with the angels and platys cause someone has free Oscars I need to know if I should put them in my empty tank

Oscars can go with angelfish but NOT platys. They also need a 55 gallon MINIMUM. I would strongly advise not getting the Oscar unless you are planning on getting a bigger tank in the near future. They grow fast and have a big bioload.

What fishes can go with the angels and platys cause someone has free Oscars I need to know if I should put them in my empty tank

Oscars can go with angelfish but NOT platys. They also need a 55 gallon MINIMUM. I would strongly advise not getting the Oscar unless you are planning on getting a bigger tank in the near future. They grow fast and have a big bioload.

Do NOT put oscars with angelfish. Aside from a short list of very specific tankmates anything under 6 inches or so will probably not make it living with a full grown oscar.

Do NOT put oscars with angelfish. Aside from a short list of very specific tankmates anything under 6 inches or so will probably not make it living with a full grown oscar.

Why not? I have an Oscar with my 5 angels and they are fine. Also on CL someone was selling cichlids and I went there with my friend (she has a tank) and she had 3 oscars (full grown) with her (full grown) angel and they all got along wonderfully.

Back
Top Bottom