Red Tail Shark or Rainbow Shark + Julii Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jak

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought the perfect piece of drift wood for a rainbow or red taild shark to hide in. So naturally I now want one. I'll post a picture when Im home.

As far as bottom dwelling fish I have 3 julii corys (will get 3-5 more when water conditions level out) and a bristle nose pleco full grown. The tank is 50 gallons.

I understand both types of shark are semi agressive and need to be the only shark in the tank and that the red tailed shark will be smaller full grown then the rainbow.

1)Would either of them bother the corys?

2)Can you think of something else that would hide in a hollow log?

Some loaches or small synodontis would be a better option

Would synodontis and loaches do well with a rocky substrate? I have some pretty large pebbles in my tank throughout. Ill have to post a picture tonight.

The loaches wouldn't do well with abrasive substrate. The same goes for corydoras

The loaches wouldn't do well with abrasive substrate. The same goes for corydoras

Its not abrasive. They're all smoothe stones they're just big. Like lima beans or bigger.

This is the substrate. I replaced that fake drift wood with real Malaysian drift wood.
(Yes I boiled it, the tannins didnt leach and it sank right away) and those are 2" dwarf gouramis zipping around.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130910_131153.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130910_131153.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 104
Not going after anyone personally I just dont want to discuss the driftwood on this thread**

Here's the driftwood and the tank for context.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130910_212412.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130910_212412.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 518
  • ForumRunner_20130910_212419.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130910_212419.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom