Red tail shark school?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micaiah12

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey I was wondering. Can you have a red tail shark in schools of three?

Well see that's what I though, but I was talking with my uncle and he's studied fish stuff for college. He said he's had multiple tanks with three or more red tail sharks. He said they school together and are perfectly happy together. He's showed me pictures of them in the same tank and everything. They are quite big and he has them in a 50 gallon tank.

Well see that's what I though, but I was talking with my uncle and he's studied fish stuff for college. He said he's had multiple tanks with three or more red tail sharks. He said they school together and are perfectly happy together. He's showed me pictures of them in the same tank and everything. They are quite big and he has them in a 50 gallon tank.

Ha ha .. He should consider himself lucky. His experience is the exception rather than the rule. There have been instances of some small RTS school co-existing, but it's not something I'd risk.

Well yeah. He said to do it. You have to have the perfect PH and water parameters and feed them perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom