Why are all my fish huddling together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dsudnick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just cleaned my tank and now all of sudden all my fish 8 tetras, 2 angelfish, a little mini red tailed shark, and a beta, are all “schooling” together. This can’t be right?

There could be other reasons I'm unaware of, but I have had all my fish in a tank huddling in the same spot all together only once and it was because I had large amounts of ammonia. How did you clean your tank and can you test your water?

There could be other reasons I'm unaware of, but I have had all my fish in a tank huddling in the same spot all together only once and it was because I had large amounts of ammonia. How did you clean your tank and can you test your water?

I used one of those siphon vaccuums, I have a 55 gallon tank and took about 15 gallons out refilled it (treated the new water before I refilled it) and then maybe an hour or 2 after they were all huddling together. But I think they stopped. I’ll by a test kit tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom