Red Tailed Shark problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilikefishes

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, so after my high finned platy got a white spot on him, he became anti social and then lost a chunk of his tail fin. Now my red tailed shark has a tiny white spot on him and his dorsal fin is chopped up. I have no idea whats going on. I'm now again continuing Melafix treatment and have been performing regular water changes for 3 days now. My nitrites were at 0 and ammonia was at .25 last night. I just did a 50% water change about five minutes ago and haven't tested yet. His tank mates are a betta (who is pretty well behaved and sticks to one side of the tank) and 3 platys, 2 plecos (small) and two gold barbs.

Help please!

The barbs aren't aggressive from what I've noticed. I don't know how any of the fish act when I have their lights out at night. No, it doesn't look like fin rot. I wish I had a QT set up for him.

Melafix seems to be working. Haven't been able to get pimafix, due to not having a running car. But he's looking better. Fin seems to be healing.

How big is the tank? There are some fish in there that will get big, and others that are agressive, so maybe they are just a little stressed out?

It's a 29g. The plecos are absolutely fine and keep to the side of the tank or in their cave. And the dang pet shop never told me the gold barbs can be semi-agressive at times. The shark and betta are so peaceful with every one of their tankmates. But yeah ran out of money and low on melafix, and straight up out of aquarium salt -_- The shark hasn't lost any of his pleco wannabe personality, and only has a nip or two on his dorsal which seem to be healing up, and the headbutt wound is clearing up too. Now I just need more melafix and salt!!!

The battle continues.

Back
Top Bottom