Red Tailed Shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PeaceLoveFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I have a friend who might have a problem. So I told him I'd ask you guys for help. He has a red tailed shark, but his tail is white. Sometimes it has a red tint but sometimes not. His body is black though. More like a graphite pencil, idk if that explains it well. He says he feeds it the flake and sometimes blood worms. The shark swims around and has fun like a normal fish. Is there any reason his tail isn't red?

Sounds like he may be stressed. However they will lose the color and become more clear at night so if it's only at night that might be your answer

Did he buy it red. Iv'e seen all color variations from white to a deep red. RT's seldom dress in full colors under stressful, overcrowded conditions and it looks pink-tailed with a grayish body. What are the water parameters, size of the tank, and occupants. Also, how long has he had it? Need to know this before a judgement call can be given.

When i come back from vacation and turn the light on the shark is very pale but then after an hour her is nice and vibrant.

Back
Top Bottom