Red zebra holding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crew

Aquarium Advice Freak
Would you say that this Red Zebra is holding eggs?
She's at the store and I'm rather curious.

Attachments

• image-3503016634.jpg
    image-3503016634.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3577140961.jpg
    image-3577140961.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2829226486.jpg
    image-2829226486.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 109
  • image-964995504.jpg
    image-964995504.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 116
Well alright :)
Thanks for that.
I really wanna get her just so that all those babies won't die.

do u want to keep the fry?
if yes, will u strip her?
she's very far along it appears, as her chin has gone black. they could well be fry now unless the chin has only just started showing!

That's the thing, as I mentioned earlier this fish is still at the store.
But seeing her mouth like that made ^me wonder.
I do want to get her though, bad.
But all I've got is a 29G community tank with Sepae Tetras and a Pair of German Blue rams.
So I doubt that'd work.
Poor fry though. :(

Oh for sure.
I'm getting a 10G tank soon for my babies in the future. Just as a holding tank for the mother while she does her thing.

im doing the same with my smaller holding peacock til she spits them, i tried to strip my larger one... swallowed every one.
they could grow int he 10gal for a while... will u sell them?

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
im doing the same with my smaller holding peacock til she spits them, i tried to strip my larger one... swallowed every one.
they could grow int he 10gal for a while... will u sell them?

Poor peacock and fry :(
And I don't necessarily think I'll even have them. Shes still at the store and likely released them by now. Haven't been to that store in a number of days.
But I'm on the verge of buying a 10G LED tank setup.
Really want it. And my German Blue ram pair (hoping) will soon rear eggs, so ill likely use the tank for that if nothing else.

Saw her again today.
Still swimming and doing her thing.
Poor girl. Reaaaaally makes me want to get her. cursed small tank space.

Attachments

• image-2372823372.jpg
    image-2372823372.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 79
  • image-209821566.jpg
    image-209821566.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2207631198.jpg
    image-2207631198.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 68
idea... get her now, get the tank as soon as funds allow... then u have the babies :)
red zebra fry are amazing to watch grow, my fry: 16 red zebras, 3 weeks old, one has already dominated and is flirting!! ha!
pleaaasy get her? if you can acquire the space? shes a beautiful colour and we want to see babies! x

just to her imo 15gal, but if u want others with her 24+.
the fry, if u kept them, need at least 30 gal if u keep 7-8 of them. more fish means more gals, or 50-70% water changes twice a week.
what do u mean just to her? as a quaranteen/birthing tank?

A tank just for her and her fry pretty much.
As in I wouldn't add any other fish until I knew they were compatible and I had the space.
I'm buying a 10G soon but I guess that's not enough.

You could get a small tank for now and get something bigger later. Or, get rid if her. My babies start out in a 1 1/2gallon tank and eventually move to a 29 gallon at about 2 months. You've got a little time if you're gonna get her. But ya better get her quick, she's about to burst! I would get her in a heartbeat!!!!

Back
Top Bottom