Red zebra Mbuna holding.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zipperfly58

Aquarium Advice Regular
He'll everyone, I have a red zebra I believe is holding. I have a 40 gallon with a mixed bag of Mbuna's I bought altogether from the same tank as juveniles. She is in the tank with another red zebra, 2 OB red zebras, 2 auratus , a blue zebra 2 electric yellows and a Snow White 2 blue colbalt all no more than 2.5 to 3 inches long.This is my first time with a holding female, not sure of the father. Should I separate or let nature take its course.

Thanks

How is she acting? Typically, when 1 of my Mbunas is holding, they stay tight under cover or in their chosen cave, and of course, won't eat. If you want to keep all the fry, you should probably remove her to your quarantine tank. I seldom remove my holding Mbunas because I don't want to get buried in fry, but typically I still get 3 or 4 fry from a batch that survive to adulthood, if they don't become snacks for my oscars.

She is acting differently for sure I have many rocks and caves as well as some plants she is. Keeping to herself in one bottom side of the tank hiding in the plants. She is. Not really interested in eating only a very bites of flakes. Her mouth his partially open and the underside is dark almost black in color.

Back
Top Bottom