Redesigning 55 gallon tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So after having my tank set up for more than a year, I have finally decided I really don't like how it was put together. There is no flow, and it looks sloppy.

I currently have 5 tiger barbs, 1 gourami, an african brown knife, and a hi fin pleco. Oh, and some dalmatian molly fry in a breeder net, tucked safely out of harms way.

This is how the tank currently looks:

img_1603487_0_d94fcf9fa6841c224538345163a71ed8.jpg

This is the sketch I did to plan out how I want to change it...

img_1603487_1_0099b3778cfeabfc4ad5c3ac8b4525ec.jpg

I want to change to black sand. Towards the back is all going to be the darker green plastic plants, towards the front corners I want to do brighter colored plants (yellows and brighter greens). The two plants in front of the log, and the two bright green short ones I want to do live plants (mondo grass? wisteria? java fern?)

What do you guys thing?

I'm also planning on switching my 55 over to black sand!
I can't see your sketch, btw. I don't know if it's my computer or not..
Mondo grass isn't a fully aquatic plant and will rot quickly in the water.
I would definitely recommend wisteria and java ferns. They're very hardy and grow well in almost all lighting. Though I do like the look of wisteria grown in high light more. ;)
What kind of lighting do you have?
I would probably do all live plants if this was my tank, but that's just my personal preference. :)

I figured out why the picture wasnt working.... broken link, duh.

Anyways... It was kind of a crappy sketch anyways. Just something quick I did... But still... I want to know what everyone thinks. Itd be the first time i actually put any thought into a large tank... My husband initally set this one up.

Did you consider doing all live plants, if you get low light plants that don't require CO2 it's really simple and adds to your filtration, plants consume the nitrates.

Back
Top Bottom