redsea's 125g Reef Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgot to mention earlier, I got the salinity down a bit lower tonight, I am pretty confident that my tank is in proper hyposalinity conditions :). Now I just need to add for evaporation daily, and keep an eye on the fish.

Then I will be adding fish and coral before I know it!

Thanks for reading!

Kio707 said:
Only have med/lg...

Cool, I figure I will get mine before the summer ends. I know that is far away, but there is a good chance I will buy it sooner than that. I need to get the money first and foremost, LOL.

Stock:
1. Mcosker's Flasher Wrasse
2. Blue Hippo Tang
3. Scopas Tang
4. Clownfish
5.Lawnmower Blenny
6. Male Squareback Anthias
7. Female Squareback Anthias
8. Female Squareback Anthias
9. Female Squareback Anthias
10. Female Squareback Anthias
11. Lamarck's Angelfish
12. Mandarin
13. Purple Tang

That is what the stocklist looks like as of now. What do you think? Too many female Anthias? Do I have any room for a Goby?

We all know my stocklist is always changing though, LOL, so I suppose it could change again. ;)

Thanks!

Looks awesome! I think you should drop one of the female anthias to ad more variety to your tank, it would look cooler. Instead i would add a few nano fish. Are clowns on the list? Thats alot of tangs.... Get a foxface ;)

Stock:
2. Powder Blue Tang (hippo needs 180)
3. Scopas Tang
4. Clownfish (pair)
5.Lawnmower Blenny
10. Purple firefish (pair)
11. Lamarck's Angelfish
12. Mandarin
13. Purple Tang
14. Pink / orange spot or yellow watchman goby
15. Midas blenny

See above changes: just ideas...

Stock:
2. Powder Blue Tang (hippo needs 180)
3. Scopas Tang
4. Clownfish (pair)
5.Lawnmower Blenny
10. Purple firefish (pair)
11. Lamarck's Angelfish
12. Mandarin
13. Purple Tang
14. Pink / orange spot or yellow watchman goby
15. Midas blenny

See above changes: just ideas...

Looks awesome! I think you should drop one of the female anthias to ad more variety to your tank, it would look cooler. Instead i would add a few nano fish. Are clowns on the list? Thats alot of tangs.... Get a foxface ;)

Thanks! I think dropping one of the female Anthias for more variety is a good idea.

I also really like the Midas Blenny idea, I have definitely htought about them beofore. I really like how active they are. I'll need some more Yellow since i have decided to swap a Yellow Tang for a Purple. Its either a Midas for this tank, or the 55g. :) Cool Goby suggestions too.

I would get a Foxface, but I don't want to run the risk of being stung.

Fox face won't sting you unless u try to grab it. I had one with no issues...

The fox face sting only feels like a bee sting. I've only had it happen once when I first started training mine to eat from my hand

Jlsardina said:
The fox face sting only feels like a bee sting. I've only had it happen once when I first started training mine to eat from my hand

Haha woah thats sketchy stuff! Very impressive for such a shy fish though;)

I agree with jacks post! More variety, although this is lookig like one heck of a tank so far. Ever thought about an oddball (kinda) fish? Maybe a type of jawfish, or somthing?

Gboy66 said:
Haha woah thats sketchy stuff! Very impressive for such a shy fish though;)

I agree with jacks post! More variety, although this is lookig like one heck of a tank so far. Ever thought about an oddball (kinda) fish? Maybe a type of jawfish, or somthing?

Or a beta???

Bettas are very cool, but according to LA they eat smaler fish :(. I don't think one owuld work out since I would like to add a few smaller guys to my tank.

Awesome suggestion though!

Really? On another forum a guy posted saying that it felt REALLY terrible. Maybe it depends on the fish?

I was stung while moving it, I was fine. Lion hurt worse! Lol.. My beta eats nothing but frozen foods. Never touched a shrimp, clown, etc... You keep it fed, it'll leave stuff alone.

redsea said:
Really? On another forum a guy posted saying that it felt REALLY terrible. Maybe it depends on the fish?

Or maybe the guy had a really low tolerance for pain??? We can't blame everything on the fish!!!

Kio707 said:
I was stung while moving it, I was fine. Lion hurt worse! Lol.. My beta eats nothing but frozen foods. Never touched a shrimp, clown, etc... You keep it fed, it'll leave stuff alone.

OMG! Lionfish's sting is worse than death for me. I have a high tolerance for pain but I was laying down for atleast 30 mins before I could tolerate the pain.

UPDATE

Hi everyone!

So, I was looking at my Blue Hippo to see if the "ich" was still there. Upon further inspection, it almost looks like little spots where he may have scraped himself against a rock. None of the other fish have any spots, so I am hopeful that this treatment is working. :)

On a sadder note, I can't find my McCosker's Flasher Wrasse. I couldn't find him yesterday, nor today.

Thanks for reading the update.

Back
Top Bottom