Reef lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish25

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am moving my 38 gallon into a 55 gallon aquarium. I just purchased a 36 inch t5 light. My question is. Will this light work better for coral than the compact fluorescents I have currently.

The pic is the T5 I just bought

Attachments

• image-2625179583.jpg
    image-2625179583.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 89
Cool thanks, I don't think it comes with moonlights just a white and actinic T5

That all depends on the corals. He can have a great looking soft coral reef tank with those lights. Plus, I love the look of a tank that's more centrally lit than uniformly lit. Gives it a great effect. Just gotta match the right animals to the light. Not everybody needs SPSs.

I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I would not want dark corners and quite limiting lighting over my reef tank.

Just got my 75g tank today. It came with a coral life 48in T5 fixture with 1 10000k bulb and 1 actinic. Will that be enough to make my frogspawn, Xenia, colt, and mushrooms happy?

Also I have a green open brain coral coming in next month will this be enough, or should I use the 48in light plus a 36in t5 1white 1actinic that I bought off eBay ?

Agreed. A 75 is way deep from front to back for 2 bulbs to handle. Plus it gives you more options for bulb combinations later on to get just the look you like.

Back
Top Bottom