Reef octopus skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicklid-collector

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I recently bort a XP-2000 cone reef octopus skimmer and was wondering if it's any good as I'm new to this it sais it's the worlds first skimmer use only pump is that a good thing or a bad thing??

Sicklid-collector said:
Hi I recently bort a XP-2000 cone reef octopus skimmer and was wondering if it's any good as I'm new to this it sais it's the worlds first skimmer use only pump is that a good thing or a bad thing??

Reef Octopus is a great brand. Should be a great first skimmer.

That's what I own for my 150. It pulls at least 1/2 a cup a day. I'm very satisfied with that skimmer.
I previously owned a ETSS skimmer and I think the cone performs better. Plus it uses less electric then the ETSS.

jose7878 said:
That's what I own for my 150. It pulls at least 1/2 a cup a day. I'm very satisfied with that skimmer.
I previously owned a ETSS skimmer and I think the cone performs better. Plus it uses less electric then the ETSS.

That's made me feel better! I didn't know if it was a gd one or not, is it simple to run I can take it out the box now then lol, what equipment do I need to get a marine tank started from beginning I got a few things but need a checklist or sumfink I'm trying to do as much research before I fill the tank wana make sure I got all the equipment ready so far I got =

600litre tank including sump
4 ft aqua one lighting
Reef octopus skimmer
5 stage RO unit
Phosphate reactor
Return pump
Heater
Sand
Salt
120kg live rock (still in shop being cured)
2 reef rods
Tester kits

Thanks very much mate ;-)

Something i would recommend, especially for larger tanks with lots invested is a controller such as a ReefKeeper or Apex. They can do so much for you its amazing and the offer a lot of peace of mind especially for someone starting out. I suggest looking into them. The standard reefkeeper lite starts out at $99 i believe.

Schism said:
Something i would recommend, especially for larger tanks with lots invested is a controller such as a ReefKeeper or Apex. They can do so much for you its amazing and the offer a lot of peace of mind especially for someone starting out. I suggest looking into them. The standard reefkeeper lite starts out at $99 i believe.

Aw cool I need as much help as I can get cos I've heard some scary stories of things going bad! So il look into that where abouts could I purchase one have u got a gd website or could I find them on eBay thnx very much :)

Sicklid-collector said:
600litre tank including sump
4 ft aqua one lighting
Reef octopus skimmer
5 stage RO unit
Phosphate reactor
Return pump
Heater
Sand
Salt
120kg live rock (still in shop being cured)
2 reef rods
Tester kits

Thanks very much mate ;-)

For your heater I suggest you get a titanium heater . They can't break and shock your tank and kill fish nor corals . I was using glass heaters and I had one of the heater shattered in my water and killed about 30 corals.

Sicklid-collector said:
Aw cool I need as much help as I can get cos I've heard some scary stories of things going bad! So il look into that where abouts could I purchase one have u got a gd website or could I find them on eBay thnx very much :)

Look at BRS www. Bulkreefsupply.com great products and great prices on pretty much anything you might need.

Back
Top Bottom