Reef Safe Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Thinking of getting a blenny. Ive had a bicolor, tailspot, canary, & forktail before. I have a 39 gallon with 2 ocellaris clowns, lps, and sps corals. Im looking for one that wont get over 4". I read its kinda hit or miss with these smaller blennies. But i want an herbivore. I still have a little hair algae here and there. Not as a solution but just a helping hand. Im thinking either a tailspot blenny, horned blenny, or maybe a black sailfin if my LFS can get them in. My last tailspot blenny died 2 days after i got it back when i started up. Just looking for some suggestions and info.

Ive had a black sailfin blenny in my reef for about 12 years with no problem. They are very peaceful

I have a midas blenny in my reef. He is probably my favorite fish. I would recommend one of them, they are great fish.

Seram Blennies seem to be showing up in greater numbers. Similar to a starry blenny, but with a pink tint on the fins. Really cool.

Attachments

• image-1640537511.jpg
    image-1640537511.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 186
Ive had a black sailfin blenny in my reef for about 12 years with no problem. They are very peaceful

Wow thats an old fella! Good to hear. Any pics? That sarem blenny is pretty neat. Does it get real big like the starry?

It says they nip at SPS's. Im lookinh for one that most likely wont and doesnt exceed 4". Thats my goal

I have a flametail and he taste tested some sps when I first put him in but has been great since then. Hasn't touched another coral.

I think im gonna try to get a black sailfin. If they cant get them, a tailspot.

It's really funny because I went to the lfs I bought a coral and he bagged it. When I got home the coral and the black sailfin was in the bag. What a stowaway. The lfs told me not to worry about it.

It's really funny because I went to the lfs I bought a coral and he bagged it. When I got home the coral and the black sailfin was in the bag. What a stowaway. The lfs told me not to worry about it.

Thats awesome. It was meant to be!

Here's my flametail I was talking about
image-1704284175.jpg

Attachments

• image-3100437681.jpg
    image-3100437681.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 91
Yeah my lights make getting a pic of his colors super hard haha but he is a great fish

Yeah my lights make getting a pic of his colors super hard haha but he is a great fish

Try Pixlr.com. Dont have to download anything and its free. just edit photo and turn the blue color level down. I just recently found this out. Just thought id share. Those actinics will throw some cameras for a loop! Lol.

Try Pixlr.com. Dont have to download anything and its free. just edit photo and turn the blue color level down. I just recently found this out. Just thought id share. Those actinics will throw some cameras for a loop! Lol.

Cool will do! Actually those are my normal lights...

Back
Top Bottom