reefrunner69's 20L SPS nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I want those Zoos.. Right hand side of the Watchman.. Better guard your tank at night.. I might just fly over there and steal 5 or 10 polyps LOL Hell I might just steal 5 or 10 polyps of each one of your zoos while I am there LOL

James

i love all of the colorful zoos you have. all i can find in my area is the gree (rare) brown vary common and i have seen some blue ones and thinking of getting them.

Was checking their site Kev and noticed this

"New Zoo Listings will be loaded over the next couple of nights!"

LOL

James

Speaking of zoos...Here is the first RAW image I have processed.

DSCF0375.jpg

I know that this is late, and maybe informal, but would you recommend your camera to a fellow hobbiest? Is it very expensive? I have a fuji film digital camera but it doesn't take good photos.

Hard to say, whether I would recommend it, I have been taking photos for a few years and I have Photoshop 7 and Photoshop CS, I enjoy working with the photos, and this camera takes some very nice ones. For the money, I think it is the best prosumer cam you can buy, it does not have the image quality of some of the others, but they are priced much higher. I don't know if I've posted this here, but the camera has some noise at 100%, it has an overly aggressive jpeg compression, and only offers one jpeg compression setting for less than 12 MP. At normally viewed sizes on the web and prints up to 8 X 10 (I can't print larger so don't know about larger prints) the noise is not an issue, but it would be noticable at a 100% crop. If you don't mind processing your photos in photoshop or other program, the noise is fairly easily overcome. There is a pay for play program that does an excellent job removing noise with very little or no loss of detail. It's called neat image (www.neatimage.com), it's got a free trial, which I think is indefinite if you do not use it for commercial gain. All that said, I believe (although I can't prove it) that all of the larger mega pixel cams have noise in their images at 100% crop, I could be wrong, but I believe it's true.

Now, the question is...do you like my images, all the pics from the point I [posted the first pics with my brand new cam, are from my fuji s7000, if you like them, then I'm happy with the camera, if you don't...I don't think it's the camera's fault, but the photgraphers :mrgreen: This cam, is very user friendly, has lots of features, has awesome color rendition (the best) it's fast, great ergonomics, etc...

Well, you'll have to firgive all the pics...I just got the fuji and I've taken almost 500 photos in the last week, and you may have seen these corals before...but I gotta show someone, LOL.

Acropora millepora, if you look close you cans see the coralites are an orangish peach color,
DSCF0396.jpg

Acropora tortuosa, the polyps are beginning to stay out, there is new growth evidnet and it's losing it's base green ground color ;)

DSCF0407.jpg

How bout a closer look...I guess my last efforts were futile and it's time to get some heartworm medication...

DSCF0499_redbug.jpg

Back
Top Bottom