refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feelthereefer

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you put in a refugium movibg tank today and switching from wet dry to a eshopps.three chamber refugium so what do i put in it sand rock plants what please help

Live rock, chaetomorpha, and Chemipure elite will go in mine. And you have to have a refugium light.

23watt cool white compact flouro from the depot in a reptile basking light

and you can place sand in there but you don't really need to

Ohh ok thanks.. Hope i made rite decision switchin ftom bio balls wet dry to this refugium never had one befor still nervous on it not real sure i got everything hooked up rite

So is mineral mud a needed thing in the refugium or am i ok with the sand that came from my display.. And just to make sure the only light i need is a 40 watt day compact fluorrscent bulb in 8.5 inch clamp light

its meant to go oposite so it doesn't swing. at night when the lights are shut off the PH drops a bit, with the fuge lights on you don't get that big of a PH swing

yeha you don't even need a 40 watt, this is all you need, but if you already bought the bulb then keep it. anythign with a 6500k or 4300k will be more then fine when growing micro algaes

Philips | 23 Watt Mini Twister Daylight - 2 Pack | Home Depot Canada

as for the mud, i've never used it and head that peopel have had pieces of brick in the mud. so i wouldn't go with it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom