Replacement bulb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ItsInTents

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello. I am looking to replace my 15 watt Aqueon Incandescent Tubular Bulb with an LED bulb in my 2.5 gallon planted tank. It needs to fit in the hood so the size and dimensions need to be similar to the original bulb. Any suggestions on what I can replace it with? Thank you!

Do you have a pic and/or dimensions of the incandescent bulb?
If you can not locate an appropriate LED bulb, you might look into CFLs as they run cooler than incandescent bulbs. Some are wide and some are narrow. Usually come in 13W and 26W. If you are growing plants I would look for a temperature of 6500K (should be listed on the bulb).

Do you have a pic and/or dimensions of the incandescent bulb?
If you can not locate an appropriate LED bulb, you might look into CFLs as they run cooler than incandescent bulbs. Some are wide and some are narrow. Usually come in 13W and 26W. If you are growing plants I would look for a temperature of 6500K (should be listed on the bulb).

I have included 2 pictures. For some reason one of the pictures isn't uploading in the proper orientation so the measuring tape is upside down. Also the diameter is 4".

Attachments

• IMG_6578.jpg
    IMG_6578.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6581.jpg
    IMG_6581.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 31
The most available option would be screw in type CFL bulbs. The problem is the width of the bulbs; these are typically wide and may not fit into your fixture (you will may have to buy/try some out).
There are skinny CFL bulbs available that should work for you (pic #1).
Not sure how available these are, but screw in type LED bulbs (pic #2) are another option.
IMG_6300.jpgIMG_6301.jpg

Back
Top Bottom