Restocking Ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mmckinniss

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55g fully cycled tank that needs restocking. Currently, 2 neon tetras (which I don't care about), 2 Platies (which I also don't care about), a bristle nose pleco (which I'd like to keep), and a rhino goby (which I kind of like).

In restocking, I'd like to center on Gourami & Cories. I'm open to suggestions from there. What should I consider?

Carefull saying "I don't care about this fish or that" on this forum I noticed people tend to almost attack you for not "stocking" your tank "proper" way or not being nice to your fish by getting them a school... I garuntee you someone is gonna tell you to get 8-10 more neons for those 2

I have 2 gourami in my 55g.. One Gold which I have had in my 30g for years... he is full sized and nearly as big as my palm.. I also have a blue one that's almost as big... They are both my mom's fish.. me personally I like the dwarf gourami with there shiny blue/red color's..

Gourami like hiding places so if your using live plants I noticed mine seem to really like a bushy section of the tank with water wisteria and water sprite

You shouls get a large school of some sort. Like rummyrose which are tight schooling and are fantastic to watchin in large groups 25+

Pearl gouramis are awesome!!! They are very good community fish too!! They don't bother any other community fish like some other bigger gouramis may. Also +1 on the rummy nose tetras! LOVE EM

Pearl Gouramis are by far my favorite gourami so I'd have to second that. Also it's OK if you don't care about a fish or if you don't like it anymore, just take them back to the store. They might not give you any credit but I think it's the right thing to do.

Carefull saying "I don't care about this fish or that" on this forum I noticed people tend to almost attack you for not "stocking" your tank "proper" way or not being nice to your fish by getting them a school... I garuntee you someone is gonna tell you to get 8-10 more neons for those 2

Good point. "I don't care" was probably the wrong language. I'm not attached to these fish. They were gifts from some friends who didn't know they had the potential to unbalance my tank. I felt compelled to keep them, but I have no emotional attachment.

Back
Top Bottom