Restocking the 20 long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattS99

Aquarium Advice Regular
So yeah, my recent bad luck with stock has continued. The curviceps I got came home sick and eventually died after about 2 weeks of treatment. So I now have a 20 long with 5 Colombian tetras, 2 assassin snails and some plants. I'm planning on getting another Colombian or two and more plants. Just trying to gather some ideas for stocking. I'm thinking of getting some livebearers, either some swordtails or something a bit more rare like humpback limias. No idea yet, so this'll be fun. Anyone have any other cool stock ideas with my tank?

I like your Tetra choice, Columbians are one of my favorites and I frequently recommend them. You might be able to add another Columbian and a Juvenile Starlight BN Pleco, but with a 20 gal. That's really pushing maximum occupancy.
Seriously consider upping your tank size when you can. A 40 B would be a great size for a school of Columbians and additional tankmates. Petco's dollar a gallon sale or Craigslist, great avenues for obtaining aqua stuff cheap.

Can't upgrade, maximum size I can have in my house. I really, strongly believe that I'm not pushing max occupancy with Colombians and some livebearers.

I know how that goes. I'd like a larger display tank, but the wife says "No Go".
Of course your 20L can hold more Columbians, and even a smaller group of livebearers, but special attention must be given to water maintenence.

I know how that goes. I'd like a larger display tank, but the wife says "No Go".
Of course your 20L can hold more Columbians, and even a smaller group of livebearers, but special attention must be given to water maintenence.
Well the plan in like 6-7 Colombians and a trio of humback limias 1M/2F. Maintenance is easy, got that schedule down years ago.

So yeah. I never got limias. In fact, I haven't got any new fish. I'm thinking about adding a thick lipped gourami and some more Colombians. It's be one gourami, the 5 Colombians, and the assassin snails. Room for anything else?

Back
Top Bottom