Return Pump...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmh2536

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm currently setting up a 120g tank. The tank will be on the first floor and I want the sump, skimmer, etc to be in the basement. I have an 800gph overflow box, although I dont run it this high because of noise...I'm going to need a powerful pump for the return. The overhead is going to be 7ft up followed by a 90 degree turn going another 7ft followed by another 90 degree turn going up another 5 or 6 feet. So up, over, and up... What submersible pump would you recoommend for this kind of overhead??? Im trying to keep this under $200 if possible. Thanks.

You're looking at a pond or swimming pool pump for that much flow with that much head height. I'd check ebay :)

Hey Local st. louisan.
Indy has a good point. Check ebay for a used one as a new pump that will work for ya will probably cost you a lot more thatn you can find on ebay
!

Its only overkill if you dont want to run your overflow at full capacity. The 36 should be able to drive the overflow beyond capacity so you would use a ball valve to slow the flow out of the pump down.

fishfreek said:
Its only overkill if you dont want to run your overflow at full capacity. The 36 should be able to drive the overflow beyond capacity so you would use a ball valve to slow the flow out of the pump down.
Well this is going in the living room, so I'm trying to keep the noise level down. So I think I'll purchase the Mag 18...I'm going to have a Mag 9.5 just sitting around from when I had the sump right under the tank. Is there anything I can use this for, I dont like letting things go to waste... :D

arizona reefer said:
how much do you want for the mag9.5 im looking for one. email me at foxizmuk@yahoo.com if your interested in selling it. ill ship some cash your way for it
Sorry Reefer...my uncle already offered to purchase it from me. I'd say go check Ebay...

Back
Top Bottom