revamping my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
is there anything I should be sure to do? or watch out for?

I plan on taking out all my plants to rearrange, adding 3 more pieces of driftwood, adding some rocks....

is it best to work around my fish or remove them?
I have a 60g hexagon tank with a total of 28 inhabitants including my 1.25 inch BN pleco, 6 khuli loaches, snail, Pearl gouramis, guppies, swordtails, silver tip tetras, gold dust mollies... should I remove as many as possible? I'm going to need to drain about 60% ofthe water.

when I redid my tank completely I took my fish out. I found it stressed them out less and also made it so they had to find their new spots again. Mind you I changed EVERYTHING even the substrate. However, if I'm just moving a couple of things around, I leave them in.

keen to see theoutcome.... do you prep your driftwood...i never did any my tank seemed to be fine it wasnt cloudy and my fish never seemed stressed out, im wondering if its because its not that much wood, its just long and stragley

well i removed some of my fish and put them in a 5g bucket of tank water. i transferred my BN pleco, snail, 2 of my Pearls, 2 guppies, a few tetras, and a female sword tail.

well to my surprise my gouramis are jumpers... i lost the 2 that were in the bucket :(

Back
Top Bottom