Reviving a 32Gal suggestions welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trolltek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all,

Recently relocated to a new country while back now due to work and finally have time to start cycling a tank after getting settled. Sold all my other tanks and tech before moving and only moved the 32Gal so pretty much starting all new again.

Since got more room now, my plan is to start with the 32 Gal slowly and then end of the year get an additional 66 or 85 Gal. Something also that my stock can slowly grow into. Start small, go bigger :brows:

Would like to initially go planted , love the look and fun of it too. This time around I'm looking to do some proper CO2 instead of DIY CO2, although that budget would be mostly geared towards the bigger tank later this year, I'm not in a rush to kick off CO2 with the 32g.

Anyway the tech I got picked out for the 32g:
EHEIM ecco pro 200
EHEIM thermopreset 100

Lights I still have (They made an international move, ans surprisingly work)
2xT4 Juwel High Lite Day

Im really on the fence about the stock, in the past I've had a lot of different Dwarf Cichlids which were fun but am also welcome to a change and something new, active and exciting. I'm trying to think long term with the stock as the 32g will move to be my backup / quarantine tank.

Some stock Ive been thinking about but never kept myself, any advice and experiences welcome: (Not keeping these together this is only for stock scenario options.)

-Rainbow Kribs. Never had these what are the temperament like , possible tank mates and how many should you ideally hold together?
or
-Pictus Cats (Start with 3 - 4 very small to grow into the larger tank) depending on species can go to 8" . Also is it truly advised to hold 6 - 8 together as some research has suggested , that may then be too much for a 66g or even 85g no ? How do they do with plants ?
or
-convict cichlid
Would it even be advisable to keep small ones in the 32g to start or should I wait for the bigger tank end of the year ? Also what tanks mates if any would be advisable here , from what Ive read they can be highly aggressive and also have read / heard with these its can be advisable to get all tank mates at the same time.

Also welcome to any suggestions or ideas on others I have not listed, but would be awesome to hear first hand experiences from the above species.

:thanks::fish1:

Hello. I think just about everyone on here might suggest you start with the 85g lol. Unless you intend to keep the 32 as a backup or quarantine tank.

Invest in what you really want long term.

If you are going to plant the 32 and not use it for a back up tank why not go nano? there are some cool fish you could stock with ie.... Boraras briggitae, scarlet badis, celestial pearls, stuff like that or you could always do like cardinals or rummy nose tetras and then like a pair of rams or kribs that would be nice. then just get the big tanks and go nuts with them.

Back
Top Bottom