Risky addition?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faadi404

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys i have a 90 gallon planted tank and I am thinking to add 2-3cm long Black Ghost fish. My current stock is 12 Guppies, 6 Angels, 2 Ballon mollys, 1 platy 2 Albino red fin shark, 1 rainbow shark and 10 Zebra danios.
I have seen videos of people on YouTube BGF with smaller fish doing fine. I just want to take your expert opinion. I do have lots of hiding spots in my tank which are unclaimed.

Do you mean Black Ghost Knife fish? They grow to 20 inches long, did you know this? They are scaleless, making them more prone to disease, and are generally for the more experienced fish keeper. They are generally peaceful with other tankmates, as long as they aren't small enough to be eaten, but may do a lot of hiding, You might not see it very much. They are also nocturnal. I don't know if you want a fish you might not see very often. They are very timid at first, but can come to know you in time.

You'll need a tank of at least 100 gallons by the time the fish is full grown. Most of their diet should be live foods. Can you manage that? When it gets bigger, it will eat small fish, and your Danios, mollies, and fish that general size could be eaten. Google Black Ghost Knife Fish. There is a lot of info.

Don't add that fish. She is very timid and to feed her is a job. U need sinking food. I don't suggest u go in such trouble unless u like her very much. Like person above me said they are always hiding. I had them before and they get timid by other peaceful fish even and always stays hidden.

That fish will not do well in your current setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom