RO/DI water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello i just have a question about ro/di water i know it removes chlorine but do i have to use dechlorine products or i dont have to worry about it. thanks for your help ill post the pics of it when i get home

No, you shouldn't need dechlorine in RO/DI water. The salt mix will add all your trace minerals. You might want to check if your city water is cleaned with chlorine or chloramines. With chloramines you might want to have a carbon prefilter. I don't think alot of places use the chloramines though.

the ro/di unit that i have has this 6 stages ill give them in order stage one 5 micron pp sediment filter stage 2 granular activated carbon. filter stage 3 5-micron coconut carbon block filter stage 4 tfc (made in usa) 100 gpd ro membrane stage 5 di (de-ionized) filter and stage 6 in line granular activater carbon filter

This unit sounds like a regular drinking water unit. I say that because there is a carbon stage after the DI resin. For aquarium water you don't need the last carbon stage, this is used to help with the taste of RO/DI water for drinking.

Are you getting a dual TDS meter? Dual meter are installed with 1 input before DI resin and 1 input after DI resin. This will tell you the resins performance.

"If it was me" I would put a T before the DI resin. From the off shoot of the T I would put a valve then hook up the carbon stage to that for filtered RO drinking water. "Just me not saying you really need to do it."

well im actuall looking for a tds meter but im no sure what kind should i get and the guy that sold it to me said that it can work as drinking water aswell for fish tanks

Back
Top Bottom