Ro water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooltop

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can you Re-use the RO Water that drains from it. Example the excess drains into bucket and have it pumped back trhough the RO UNIT?

Can you Re-use the RO Water that drains from it. Example the excess drains into bucket and have it pumped back trhough the RO UNIT?

I don't think it would hurt anything by running it through again. Why do you want to do this?

I'm not sure how your RO/DI system is setup but mine is plumbed into the house water lines with a shut off valve. I certainly wouldn't want to try and pump the waste water back through the filter.

All my waste water drains into my floor drain in the basement and is flushed out into the back yard.

well its not really waste water its just excess water that the the RO can not handle. It just seems to waste that water when all u have to do is just put a T fitting into RO untit that away you could use either source to bring in water to your RO.

Why I want do this is there is really no near Water Line near my RO Unit and filling a 55 gallon bucket and using it as a tank would be the easiest at the moment.

That is not what i need. When your RO is making water there is excess water that goes through it which is what the drain line is for. So some people hook it up to there drains others send it somewhere else. So I am saying catch the water that the RO unit does not use and bring back through the RO unit. This water is still the same water that is coming from the Inlet side of the RO just not being used.

well its not really waste water its just excess water that the the RO can not handle. It just seems to waste that water when all u have to do is just put a T fitting into RO untit that away you could use either source to bring in water to your RO.

Why I want do this is there is really no near Water Line near my RO Unit and filling a 55 gallon bucket and using it as a tank would be the easiest at the moment.

Just to clarify it is waste water as it is has all the things in it that were filtered out via the RO membrane. A larger portion of it is excess water. Keep in mind that you will have to push the water back through the system at at least 40psi for it to go through the RO membrane like it should.

Won't work. What you're talking about doing is plumbing the drain line back into the feed line - and the feed line is pressurized. If you do what you say, you'll end up pressurizing both the inlet and outlet of the RO and you won't get any water at all.

If there was a way to do what you want (economically), you can be sure it would be offered already in a preassembled RO/DI unit. Not saying it's impossible to do what you're talking about, but it'd be very very expensive to get the correct booster pumps, check valves, etc.

Some folks use it to water their plants, wash their cars.....

I agree that you could not do it unless you spent alot of money to pressurize the waste line and then you would have to figure out how to get it back in. I suggest as others that you use it for another reason. No matter what you use it for you still saved money by using it. An example would be using it to fill your washing machine.

RO DESIGN.jpg
Okay this is what I was asking I used paint to try to show what I was wanting to do. Remeber I have to have the pump already because of the low PSI I have already on my line

Back
Top Bottom