Rock work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbiesamp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have any good tips for aquaskaping my rocks and any pics of what they have
I need so good ideas

I have pictures of my aquascapes! I like arches and higher up scapes :) do you want me to post some?

Hey nu nu what kind of rocks are those on the last picture?

I love the one you made for fun I like the island affect but I like cliffs and tunnels and arches idk I'm moving in about a month and want the perfect rock work

Looks like what my lfs calls sun rocks but iv herd reef saver

Hi jake. I bought like 100 pounds of the stuff from reefrocks (ended up getting 150 pounds...lol) and they say it is argonite based reefrocks. All three pictures are the same type of rock.

In my 66 gallon the large arch in the middle was alot higher, but my darn engineer goby deided to build a mountain of sand there so the elevation isnt as much. If i flattened out all the sand in that area it would look cooler, but i would have a pissed off engineer. Lol

This is mine it's kinda cloudy cause I just cleaned my tank

Attachments

• image-3651256553.jpg
    image-3651256553.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1774210050.jpg
    image-1774210050.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1631249901.jpg
    image-1631249901.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 119
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Hi jake. I bought like 100 pounds of the stuff from reefrocks (ended up getting 150 pounds...lol) and they say it is argonite based reefrocks. All three pictures are the same type of rock.

In my 66 gallon the large arch in the middle was alot higher, but my darn engineer goby deided to build a mountain of sand there so the elevation isnt as much. If i flattened out all the sand in that area it would look cooler, but i would have a pissed off engineer. Lol

Ohh alright. I'm planning on buying dry base rock instead of live because its way cheaper. I like the look of those rocks

Wow thats a pretty cool scape!!

And ya.. Anyone who tells you to go with all live rock is wack. Wayyyyy too expensive. Lol

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Wow thats a pretty cool scape!!

And ya.. Anyone who tells you to go with all live rock is wack. Wayyyyy too expensive. Lol

Not only that, base rock looks much more nice! All Fiji live rock I've seen looks like blocks.

And with the rock you have you don't have cracks it looks natural unless you have mine and it looks like I just dumped them in my tank

I did this yesterday. It looks cooler in real life but ya. Lol

Attachments

• image-2028748150.jpg
    image-2028748150.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 80
I actually like how that looks seems to have a lot of concealed caves and I bet thats what 2 #s per gallon looking like 1 lol.. leaves lots of swimming room

Back
Top Bottom