Rocks and Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My toddlers tank

Aquarium Advice Activist
1. I have had the same bagged rocks from the pet store for 10 years. After a 6 month blind eye to my aquarium, I have noticed a lot of the rocks are broke or the brown colouring has been chipped per say. I have the original bag in storage with some unused. Do they expire ? I guess is my question.

2. I have " borrowed" the tinniest snail I have ever seen from my friend aquarium for a little extra help in reestablishing a healthy tank. Am I remembering correctly that snails can reproduce on their own? I know for a fact I only have one as of today. I swore I would not have them in my tank, but my quote on quote algae eater breed needs a buddy, the task is too much for one small belly.

Thanks for reading. We are happy to have found the aquarium with life after introducing the puppy to our family. Coming March 2015 baby number 3. Human baby that is lol.

Some snails reproduce asexually and only require a single to multiply, namely pond snails. Nerite snails can't breed in fresh water, and others reproduce sexually and require 2 participants. Trying reducing your lighting window and get a timer if you don't have one to reduce algae growth .

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, will pay attention to the snail. The light in my aquarium was not turned on for months. I was the worst fish mommy alive this summer. The fish that survived our troopers I tell ya.

I got my algae under control with some major tlc in Sept. a little worried about the rocks

Back
Top Bottom