Rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stang23456

Aquarium Advice Regular
How many pounds of slate will I need to make my 75 gallon tank look nice ?

How many pounds of slate will I need to make my 75 gallon tank look nice ?

The weight may not be as important as the size and shape of the slate. If you go to lowes or Home Depot or a landscape company than you should be able to stack it up as if it were in your tank so you can get an idea on how much to get.

I stacked some slate in my 40g breeder.

I didnt go by pounds, i just used what i needed for my stack.
Heres a pic of my tank
I would add a more recent pick, but i just the poly fill in my filter and my tanks a bit messy right now.
My fish do graze on the algae on the rocks quite a bit. Im guessing they like the real rock more than my old fake ones.

Attachments

• image-565433772.jpg
    image-565433772.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 103
The scape looks nice. I'm a noob at this but I did notice that they do like real rocks over the fakes. It's just like home

I stacked some slate in my 40g breeder.

I didnt go by pounds, i just used what i needed for my stack.
Heres a pic of my tank
I would add a more recent pick, but i just the poly fill in my filter and my tanks a bit messy right now.
My fish do graze on the algae on the rocks quite a bit. Im guessing they like the real rock more than my old fake ones.

Nice tank, I would like to do something similar to that for my 29 Gal, just waiting for the snow to melt to I can go look for rocks haha.

Back
Top Bottom