Royal Gramma and Firefish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just added a firefish to my 14 gallon bio cube tank containing a Royal Gramma and a scooter blenny and the royal gramma is fighting a lot with the firefish is this normal? will it just go away in a couple a days or should i seperate them???

Usually on the first day or so there will be some fighting. Turn your lights out and maybe move a few pieces of rock around will help. BTW welcome to AA

In my honest oppinon thats too many fish for that sized tank. Royal Gramma's are known to act aggressive towards their kind and Firefish are very similar in shape and this could also be it.

I agree with Tito. You are going to have this issue because of the size of your tank. I have housed a royal gramma and a fire fish in a much larger tank together and had no issues. This is mainly because they were able to have their own space. In your tank they aren't going to get that.

Yah...that may be too small of realestate for a gramma and a firefish. Grammas are not too agressive but they are territorial. I do not think a 14gal is big enough for both.

im sure theyll be fine casue as i put the rocking in i purposely made a lot of caves and theres plenty of space

im sure theyll be fine casue as i put the rocking in i purposely made a lot of caves and theres plenty of space

Not to be mean, but why even ask the question and then end it with this response?
You have had some awesome advice.....

Back
Top Bottom