Royal grammas and other fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaboi

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a royal gramma and i heard you cant put certain fish with it or itll kill em, or you cant put another royal with it. Is this true?

I had a royal gramma with a pair of clowns, algae blenny, pygmy angel and six line wrasse. No problems at all.

I know that basslets do not coexist. So go to live aquaria and look at the basslets. I cant say for sure, but i dont think 2 royal grammas will work

Josh1158 said:
Would a r royal gamma and a chalk bass work ?

No i am pretty sure they wouldnt. I know there is a chance if they are introduced at the same time but i wouldnt chance it. I had the choice between a chalk bass and a gramma and i picked the chalk bass, its very cool, hardy, and super bright colors

Yeah, I think a school of 5 would look nice. Im trying to find some other fish to add alittle color

Thanks! Yeah its bin fine though it grew a bond with my pink spotted watchmen goby

In my experience, royal grammas are only aggressive towards other fish like them : grammas, basslets, and dottybacks. They might run at other fish that get near their hidey hole, but normally break off the charge once the other fish is out of the area.

Back
Top Bottom