Rummy nose tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mileymoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've noticed if my waters not quite right or my rummys are un happy there face turn white and when there happy and the water is great there little cute faces are bright red is this true what I've noticed are they good indicators of everything being ok if there happy?

Yes, what you state is true - they are good indicators of water quality plus an indicator of their environment quality.

Rummy Nose Tetras are one of my favorite species - I'd love to have a HUGE shoal of Rummies (maybe 50 or more) in a 6 foot tank so I can watch them swim as a group from end to end... someday!

They are my favourite I love there little faces and they all ways come to the front to greet me first before the others I have 7 and wish I could get a bigger tank and have more

I recently bought 10, and really enjoy the movement and colour they add.

I've also noticed that for the first couple of minutes after I turn on the aquarium lights, they are pale. The red faces start to appear shortly afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom