Sad Cory Albino Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smartkittynerd1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I got a bunch of fish recently including 2 Albino Cory Catfish. It’s been a week and one has become almost depressed. We don’t know what is wrong with him. He was fine when we got him but now he barely swims around and would rather lie on the floor. I’m afraid he being picked on by another fish and the only one who seems like he would do such a thing is the weather loach. I have no idea if I spelled that right. He never been aggressive before and we have nonaggressive fish in our tank. He might also be sick but we haven’t seen any physical signs. I don’t know what to do. His behavior has just totally changed this past week.

Mine did the same thing. I only had one at first, so when it seemed depressed I got a bunch of Cory friends and things definitely got better for a while. But after some time, certain fish just seem kinda down in the dumps again. They all look like the healthiest fish in the tank, just have different personalities I guess? I wondered if maybe they act kinda bonkers in a new environment, then settle down once they get used to the tank.

I got one doing the same thing as yours. And I have the same kind as urs too. What helped mine the most is when we got 2 more. They love to swim in schools I dont know how big ur tank is. And we added lots of rock caves for them to go into and really bushey plants in the corners of the tanks were we can find them all resting in a group.

Back
Top Bottom