SAE Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Markstanfill

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 3 SAEs in my 56 and when they were smaller (under 1 inch) they seemed to get along just fine. But now that they are a bit larger (2-2.5 inches) they seem to split on to their own most of the time and get pretty angry at eachother when they are feeding. Anyone able to shed some light on this behavior?

I wonder if they are being territorial because of the size of the tank?

I've got 4 SAE's in a 175 gal. and they get along with each other and all the other fish too.

same here ruadh. i have larger numbers in my 120 they always hung out together. i never seen this behavior with mine.

Yes they are real SAEs and I would say that its the tank size but being so small still, I wouldnt expect them to be so agressive toward one another.

I have 3 SAE's in my 80 gal. 2 get alone fine, but one is being picked on. He/she wants to join the other 2 in a school, but always get chased away & so spend all day under the driftwood "cave". The SAE's used to hang out together when small, but not after they get to 2". <They are ~3" now.>

Back
Top Bottom